Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Contribution Discussion Page: 1 2 3  Previous   Next
José Ramón Rosario a.k.a. José Ramón Rosario a.k.a. José Rosario
Author Message
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKluge
Registered: August 4, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Italy Posts: 2,385
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I am trying to find the common name for actor José Ramón Rosario/Jose Ramon Rosario/Jose Rosario/José Rosario
The CLT counts are inconclusive with him being credited for the same films under multiple names  due to profiles being copied from IMDB.

José Ramón Rosario is credited in 48 titles (170 profiles)
Jose Rosario is credited in 42 titles (72 profiles):
Jose Ramon Rosario is credited in 35 titles (193 profiles)
José Rosario is credited in 9 titles (12 profiles)


Using CLT, variants of his name seems to be for variants of the following movies. If anybody has any of the following titles could you please let me know what he is credited as.

José Ramón Rosario (0 confirmed)
Dillinger & Capone
The Glass Shield
Oz: The Complete First Season
Oz: The Complete Second Season
The Pretender: The Complete Third Season
Substance of Fire
Subway Stories
Washington Heights
Witness To The Mob

Jose Rosario (6 confirmed)
Babylon 5: The Complete First Season (kluge)
ER: The Complete First Season (04 - Hit and Run) (RAPMAN)
Heroes: Season 2 (8. Four Months Ago...) (kluge)
The Pretender: The Complete First Season (7. A Virus Among Us) (kluge)
The Shield - Season 3 (2. Blood and Water) (kluge)
Tremors 2 - Aftershocks (RAPMAN)

Jose Ramon Rosario (12 confirmed)
Archie Bunker's Place: The Complete First Season
Company Man (kluge)
Conspiracy Theory (kluge)
The Day After Tomorrow (kluge)
Fringe - Season 1
Ghost Town (T!M)
Law & Order: The First Year (2. Subterranean Homeboy Blues) (kluge)
Law & Order: The Sixth Year (12. Trophy) (kluge)
Mystic River (kluge)
Oz: The Second Season: Disc 3
A Perfect Murder (kluge)
Pride and Glory (kluge)
Stay (kluge)
Stepmom (kluge)
Two Weeks Notice (T!M)

José Rosario (1 confirmed)
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Complete Season Six (kluge)
Updated List of Accepted Birth Years
 Last edited: by Kluge
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorRAPMAN
Snootchie-bootchies
Registered: May 28, 2007
Germany Posts: 270
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Jose Rosario => ER: The Complete First Season
Raphael
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorRAPMAN
Snootchie-bootchies
Registered: May 28, 2007
Germany Posts: 270
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Kluge:
Quote:

José Rosario (2 confirmed)
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Complete Season Six (kluge)
Tremors 2 - Aftershocks (kluge)



Tremors II: Aftershocks is Jose Rosario (Release: Germany, UPC 044005376029)
Raphael
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorT!M
Profiling since Dec. 2000
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Netherlands Posts: 8,563
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
'Ghost Town': Jose Ramon Rosario.

'Two Weeks Notice': Jose Ramon Rosario.
 Last edited: by T!M
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKluge
Registered: August 4, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Italy Posts: 2,385
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Kluge:
Quote:
I am trying to find the common name for actor José Ramón Rosario/Jose Ramon Rosario/Jose Rosario/José Rosario
The CLT counts are inconclusive with him being credited for the same films under multiple names  due to profiles being copied from IMDB.

José Ramón Rosario is credited in 48 titles (170 profiles)
Jose Rosario is credited in 42 titles (72 profiles):
Jose Ramon Rosario is credited in 35 titles (193 profiles)
José Rosario is credited in 9 titles (12 profiles)


Using CLT, variants of his name seems to be for variants of the following movies. If anybody has any of the following titles could you please let me know what he is credited as.

José Ramón Rosario (0 confirmed)
The Glass Shield
Oz: The Complete First Season
Oz: The Complete Second Season
Substance of Fire
Subway Stories
Washington Heights
Witness To The Mob

Jose Rosario (8 confirmed)
Babylon 5: The Complete First Season (kluge)
Dillinger & Capone (kluge)
ER: The Complete First Season (04 - Hit and Run) (RAPMAN)
Heroes: Season 2 (8. Four Months Ago...) (kluge)
The Pretender: The Complete First Season (7. A Virus Among Us) (kluge)
The Pretender: The Complete Third Season (15. Countdown) (kluge)
The Shield - Season 3 (2. Blood and Water) (kluge)
Tremors 2 - Aftershocks (RAPMAN)

Jose Ramon Rosario (11 confirmed)
Archie Bunker's Place: The Complete First Season
Company Man (kluge)
Conspiracy Theory (kluge)
The Day After Tomorrow (kluge)
Fringe - Season 1
Ghost Town (T!M)
Law & Order: The First Year (2. Subterranean Homeboy Blues) (kluge)
Law & Order: The Sixth Year (12. Trophy) (kluge)
Mystic River (kluge)
Oz: The Second Season: Disc 3
A Perfect Murder (kluge)
Pride and Glory (kluge)
Stepmom (kluge)
Two Weeks Notice (T!M)

José Ramon Rosario (1 confirmed)
Stay (kluge, M_E)

José Rosario (1 confirmed)
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Complete Season Six (kluge)
Updated List of Accepted Birth Years
 Last edited: by Kluge
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorT!M
Profiling since Dec. 2000
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Netherlands Posts: 8,563
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
You gotta love how we haven't been able to find even one actual occurrence of the IMDb-mined name variant our CLT claims has the largest number of titles... 
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorbbbbb
on steroids
Registered: March 14, 2007
Posts: 5,734
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting T!M:
Quote:
You gotta love how we haven't been able to find even one actual occurrence of the IMDb-mined name variant our CLT claims has the largest number of titles...

It demonstrates the limitations of suchlike forum surveys.
Don't confuse while the film is playing with when the film is played. [Ken Cole, DVD Profiler Architect]
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorT!M
Profiling since Dec. 2000
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Netherlands Posts: 8,563
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting bbbbb:
Quote:
Quoting T!M:
Quote:
You gotta love how we haven't been able to find even one actual occurrence of the IMDb-mined name variant our CLT claims has the largest number of titles...

It demonstrates the limitations of suchlike forum surveys.

No it doesn't: the findings in these threads "override" the heavily-IMDb-influenced CLT results - they show us what the CLT should show us if all incorrect entries were fixed. If anything, these threads demonstrate the limitations of the CLT.
 Last edited: by T!M
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorbbbbb
on steroids
Registered: March 14, 2007
Posts: 5,734
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting T!M:
Quote:
Quoting bbbbb:
Quote:
Quoting T!M:
Quote:
You gotta love how we haven't been able to find even one actual occurrence of the IMDb-mined name variant our CLT claims has the largest number of titles...

It demonstrates the limitations of suchlike forum surveys.

No it doesn't: the findings in these threads "override" the heavily-IMDb-influenced CLT results - they show us what the CLT should show us if all incorrect entries were fixed. If anything, these threads demonstrate the limitations of the CLT.

The survey did not disprove the common name.
Don't confuse while the film is playing with when the film is played. [Ken Cole, DVD Profiler Architect]
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorT!M
Profiling since Dec. 2000
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Netherlands Posts: 8,563
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting bbbbb:
Quote:
The survey did not disprove the common name.

Although it doesn't matter at all, I can't help but point out that it did. Per Ken's specific instructions, we're after the highest number of different titles. The CLT results quoted at the start of this thread declare "José Ramón Rosario" (with accents) as the variant with the highest number of titles. After this thread, we know it's "Jose Ramon Rosario". Rather than having to propagate the IMDb-mined name variant for some time to come (even though he may never have been credited as such), we can now all start using the actual common name immediately. As such, this thread was a big help.
 Last edited: by T!M
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantkdh1949
Have Gun Will Travel
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: High Rating
United States Posts: 2,394
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting T!M:
Quote:
Quoting bbbbb:
Quote:
The survey did not disprove the common name.

Although it doesn't matter at all, I can't help but point out that it did. Per Ken's specific instructions, we're after the highest number of different titles. The CLT results quoted at the start of this thread declare "José Ramón Rosario" (with accents) as the variant with the highest number of titles. After this thread, we know it's "Jose Ramon Rosario".

How can we KNOW that it's "Jose Ramon Rosario?"  According to the CRT data cited above, there's 137 titles (447 profiles) for this person -- and there were 20 titles that were "confirmed."  That's less than 15% of the titles in the database, so this thread doesn't come close to proving what the common name should be.  All it proves is that the most common name from those confirmed titles is "Jose Ramon Rosario," with "Jose Rosario" running a close second (12 vs 8).  The survey didn't either prove or disprove the common name -- it wasn't a valid survey.

Quoting T!M:
Quote:
Rather than having to propagate the IMDb-mined name variant for some time to come (even though he may never have been credited as such), we can now all start using the actual common name immediately. As such, this thread was a big help.

How do we know that if we examined the rest of the 117 titles that weren't confirmed we wouldn't come up with a different "common name" -- maybe even "José Ramón Rosario?"  I wouldn't start using anything based on this survey.
Another Ken (not Ken Cole)
Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges.
DVD Profiler user since June 15, 2001
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorT!M
Profiling since Dec. 2000
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Netherlands Posts: 8,563
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting kdh1949:
Quote:
I wouldn't start using anything based on this survey.

Look, I can go on and explain how those alledged 137 titles you refer to are mostly translated titles, and how Kluge has done a wonderful job of bringing those results down to the actual number of different credits. There are no 117 others - not even 1 - these are all of them: Kluge took the trouble to weed out the duplicates for us. As such, there's no doubt whatsoever that "Jose Ramon Rosario" is the man's common name for DVD Profiler purposes - there simply aren't enough credits left to sway the balance any other way. So rather than propagating the (probably non-existing) IMDb-mined common name, we can now use the correct one - with many thanks to Kluge and the other users who helped. A prime example of how these threads work.
 Last edited: by T!M
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantkdh1949
Have Gun Will Travel
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: High Rating
United States Posts: 2,394
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting T!M:
Quote:
Quoting kdh1949:
Quote:
I wouldn't start using anything based on this survey.

Look, I can go on and explain how those alledged 137 titles you refer to are mostly translated titles, and how Kluge has done a wonderful job of bringing those results down to the actual number of different credits. There are no 117 others - not even 1 - these are all of them: Kluge took the trouble to weed out the duplicates for us. But I won't bother - by all means: feel free to keep using the non-existing, IMDb-mined "José Ramón Rosario". I certainly won't: I'll be using his actual common name, which is Jose Ramon Rosario - with many thanks to Kluge and the other users who helped.

You have shown a propensity for doing what you want anyway, so who am I to suggest you do otherwise?

I may have been confused by the way Kluge presented his data, but it seemed to me that there were 20 "confirmed" titles.  Doesn't each separate UPC/EAN represent a different profile in the database?  So to be sure how Jose Ramon Rosario is ACTUALLY credited, wouldn't it be necessary to review more than 20?  It has been demonstrated that credits are not necessarily the same in different regions -- so what is the "proof" that Jose Ramon Rosario is the most common credit? 

Kluge lists 31 movies, and accounts for the name variations you mention.  People "confirmed" the names for 19 of those titles.  But which profiles did people look at when "confirming" a name?  Which region or locality?  I don't dispute that the 137 "titles" (347 profiles) represent Kluge's 31 movies.  But only 20 titles were "confirmed."
Quote:
José Ramón Rosario is credited in 48 titles (170 profiles)

but no one "confirmed" these titles.  So who's to say that this credit WASN'T used in these titles -- 7 movies, 48 titles, 170 profiles.  If he got a confirmation for each one of the 7 titles, that only accounts for 7 of 170 profiles.  If these are valid profiles (by this I mean that they represent an actual disc, and not some invalid UPC/EAN/Disc ID in the database), wouldn't someone have to review more than 7 of them to be able to conclude that "José Ramón Rosario" might NOT be the most common credit?

I appreciate the work done and attempts to come up with a common name for this person.  I don't even have a real problem with using Jose Ramon Rosario as that common name.  I just don't think that by checking 20 of 447 profiles we get a true picture of his credits.  To correct the CLT someone would have to contibute changes to a lot of profiles -- and unless someone actually verified each profile by checking the credit on that particular disc, we still couldn't be sure that the result would be correct.
Another Ken (not Ken Cole)
Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges.
DVD Profiler user since June 15, 2001
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorT!M
Profiling since Dec. 2000
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Netherlands Posts: 8,563
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting kdh1949:
Quote:
I appreciate the work done and attempts to come up with a common name for this person.  I don't even have a real problem with using Jose Ramon Rosario as that common name.

There we go: let's leave it at that, then, shall we? This is how these threads work, and they're great. If people stumble upon additional credits, or even on variations between different versions, they can post them here, and they'll be taken into account. As it stands we have a choice between using the accented IMDb-mined name variant, for which we, as of yet, have not been able to find proof that it's ever been used, and using the name variant that actually DOES have a dozen confirmed credits.

I really fail to see the problem - this whole debate sounds so pointless. Let's visualize this debate a bit: I justy bought 'Ghost Town', in which this actor is credited as "Jose Ramon Rosario". Based on the findings in this thread, I entered him AS CREDITED, rather than entering "José Ramón Rosario [Jose Ramon Rosario]". Was I wrong? Had you preferred the latter? If not, what are we arguing about? Every time I'm auditing a profile, I do the best I can. Sure, more credits may be confirmed tomorrow, next week, next month or next year, but if I'm auditing 'Ghost Town' TODAY, I have to make a decision about how to enter Mr. Rosario TODAY. That really is the key. Well, based on the findings here, I really saw no reason to enter "José Ramón Rosario [Jose Ramon Rosario]", but instead I simply entered him as credited - as this thread confirms that how he's credited on-screen is actually his common name. Again, given the information we have TODAY, that seemed the best way to go. Would you agree, or would you have preferred me to include the accented "common name" instead - and if so, why?

Bottom line: was entering "Jose Ramon Rosario" as credited, without adding the seemingly non-existing accented common name, me "doing what I want anyway", or was it merely the best possible choice I could make based on the knowledge we have at this particular moment in time? And would you have decided differently?
 Last edited: by T!M
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantkdh1949
Have Gun Will Travel
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: High Rating
United States Posts: 2,394
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting T!M:
Quote:
Quoting kdh1949:
Quote:
I appreciate the work done and attempts to come up with a common name for this person.  I don't even have a real problem with using Jose Ramon Rosario as that common name.

There we go: let's leave it at that, then, shall we?

Ok by me.
Quote:
Bottom line: was entering "Jose Ramon Rosario" as credited, without adding the seemingly non-existing accented common name, me "doing what I want anyway", or was it merely the best possible choice I could make based on the knowledge we have at this particular moment in time? And would you have decided differently?

My comment was made during a fit of pique that wasn't your fault. I apologize for the criticsm.
Another Ken (not Ken Cole)
Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges.
DVD Profiler user since June 15, 2001
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorbbbbb
on steroids
Registered: March 14, 2007
Posts: 5,734
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting T!M:
Quote:
Quoting bbbbb:
Quote:
The survey did not disprove the common name.

Although it doesn't matter at all, I can't help but point out that it did. Per Ken's specific instructions, we're after the highest number of different titles.

Quite recently you claimed Ken was after movies.
Quote:
After this thread, we know it's "Jose Ramon Rosario". Rather than having to propagate the IMDb-mined name variant for some time to come (even though he may never have been credited as such), we can now all start using the actual common name immediately. As such, this thread was a big help.

You three were not willing, or able, to document 12.
Don't confuse while the film is playing with when the film is played. [Ken Cole, DVD Profiler Architect]
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Contribution Discussion Page: 1 2 3  Previous   Next