Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1 2 3 4  Previous   Next
Unconverted UPCs
Author Message
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorSquirrelecto
Registered: March 13, 2007
United Kingdom Posts: 793
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting GSyren:
Quote:
Quoting 8ballMax:
Quote:
Quoting GSyren:
Quote:
Is there a way to re-check for invalid UPCs? I fixed a bunch of them and now I don't know which ones remain.


Did you save the flag set after fixing the UPCs?  If not, just go to Collection>Flags>Load Set> and reload the flag set.


No, unfortunately I didn't save them. Reloading the flags will tell me which UPCs Profiler considered invalid at the time of the import. It won't tell me which ones it still consider invalid.


Actually, from what I remember of when I did it, because you have corrected a disc ID or UPC, when you reload the flags, it can't flag any of the corrected ones anymore (because the disc IDs or UPCs of the flags no longer match the corrected version in the database). So just keep reloading and you are good to go. Don't forget that you can also sort the flagged DVDs first, which makes life easier.
 Last edited: by Squirrelecto
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMithi
Sushi Annihilator
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: Great Rating
Germany Posts: 2,159
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting xradman:
Quote:
What do you do with the 13 digit UPC codes?

The same as 12 digit UPCs: Enter them in full length.
No more arbitrary dropping digits.

cya, Mithi
Mithi's little XSLT tinkering - the power of XML
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorGSyren
Profiling since 2001
Registered: March 14, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Sweden Posts: 3,609
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Squirrel.God:
[...]
Quote:
Actually, from what I remember of when I did it, because you have corrected a disc ID or UPC, when you reload the flags, it can't flag any of the corrected ones anymore (because the disc IDs or UPCs of the flags no longer match the corrected version in the database). So just keep reloading and you are good to go. Don't forget that you can also sort the flagged DVDs first, which makes life easier.

Ah, I didn't consider that possibility. Sounds perfact. Thanks!
My freeware tools for DVD Profiler users.
Gunnar
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDoombear
Yosemite Sam Fan
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: Superior Rating
Canada Posts: 909
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
It helps to open up Notepad to type in the number as seen on the back cover UPC scan.
Then I can copy and paste it from notepad to the UPC entry box.

Sometimes I need to go in and look at the image in the Cover Scan editor in order to read the UPC closely. You can even use the magnification to read the numbers closer!

Jeepers, I just found that Ju-On 1 & 2 both have the UPC of 684454475821!
I guess I"ll need to enter the second movie by disc ID.

Question, how did Ken get all the full UPCs for version 3?
 Last edited: by Doombear
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDarxon
Vescere bracis meis
Registered: March 14, 2007
Germany Posts: 742
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
He probably loaned the famous "Book of UPCs" from those users formerly claiming descriptor's weren't necessary, because the DVDs carry different UPCs  
Lutz
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantTouti
Registered: March 13, 2007
Canada Posts: 582
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
How does one get rid of this message ?  I got 6 unconverted UPC's on my original 2.5 conversion.  Now every time I add a DVD in 2.5, backup the collection and restore that single DVD in 3.0 I still get the "6 upc's....." message.

How do I make it go ............Please silence the lambs
My 4x4 Club: Club FJ Cruiser Quebec
DVDP Français: Forum DVD Profiler Français
DVDCOL:DVD Collectors Online
Video: LG RU-42PX10
Audio: Sony DreamSystem DAVFX100W
 Last edited: by Touti
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantpauls42
Reg: 31/01/2003
Registered: March 13, 2007
United Kingdom Posts: 2,692
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Touti:
Quote:
How does one get rid of this message ?  I got 6 unconverted UPC's on my original 2.5 conversion.  Now every time I add a DVD in 2.5, backup the collection and restore that single DVD in 3.0 I still get the "6 upc's....." message.

How do I make it go ............


this may be a longshot.. but if you correct the 6 UPCs which are showing as invalid then they won't show up any more..
Paul
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorhydr0x
Registered: April 4, 2007
Germany Posts: 822
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting pauls42:
Quote:
this may be a longshot.. but if you correct the 6 UPCs which are showing as invalid then they
won't show up any more..


nice one
- Jan
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorVaruker
Registered: April 2, 2007
Posts: 8
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
As the online database is updated and I refresh updated profiles in my database, will this correct the UPCs of the unconverted DVDs as they are updated? Or not because they won't be recognized as the same DVD since the UPC is different?  The latter would seem to be the case unless there is some logic programatically to try to match them up.  Anybody know if that's the case?  I have 185 that were not converted and most of my DVDs are in storage while I am building a new house so I don't have access to them.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantTouti
Registered: March 13, 2007
Canada Posts: 582
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting pauls42:
Quote:
Quoting Touti:
Quote:
How does one get rid of this message ?  I got 6 unconverted UPC's on my original 2.5 conversion.  Now every time I add a DVD in 2.5, backup the collection and restore that single DVD in 3.0 I still get the "6 upc's....." message.

How do I make it go ............


this may be a longshot.. but if you correct the 6 UPCs which are showing as invalid then they won't show up any more..


I did that the very first time I imported my 2.5 database.  Even if I had not, why would it tell me that 6 UPC's were not converted when I restore only 1 profile from the backup ?
My 4x4 Club: Club FJ Cruiser Quebec
DVDP Français: Forum DVD Profiler Français
DVDCOL:DVD Collectors Online
Video: LG RU-42PX10
Audio: Sony DreamSystem DAVFX100W
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorVaruker
Registered: April 2, 2007
Posts: 8
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Varuker:
Quote:
As the online database is updated and I refresh updated profiles in my database, will this correct the UPCs of the unconverted DVDs as they are updated? Or not because they won't be recognized as the same DVD since the UPC is different?  The latter would seem to be the case unless there is some logic programatically to try to match them up.  Anybody know if that's the case?  I have 185 that were not converted and most of my DVDs are in storage while I am building a new house so I don't have access to them.


Answered my own question, some of the DVDs have been added since I imported my 2.5 db and mine with the unconverted UPCs were not updated.  Didn't really expect they would be but I was hoping!
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantpauls42
Reg: 31/01/2003
Registered: March 13, 2007
United Kingdom Posts: 2,692
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Touti:
Quote:

I did that the very first time I imported my 2.5 database.  Even if I had not, why would it tell me that 6 UPC's were not converted when I restore only 1 profile from the backup ?


I assume that every time you restore any profiles from from 2.4/2.5 into v3 that it then loads the list - Unconverted UPCs.LST (held in My Documents/DVD Profiler/Flags) since this list is automatically updated if any URLS are invalid when brought in. And that it is this highlighting that is concerning you.

If you have updated the EANS (which were invalid) then they should no longer be matched in the list. (and therefore not show up). If it still believes the new EANS are invalid when you know they are correct then you could just delete the above flag LST. It should then not have any list of flags.

(take a backup first in case there has to be one there..)
Paul
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantTouti
Registered: March 13, 2007
Canada Posts: 582
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting pauls42:
Quote:

I assume that every time you restore any profiles from from 2.4/2.5 into v3 that it then loads the list - Unconverted UPCs.LST (held in My Documents/DVD Profiler/Flags) since this list is automatically updated if any URLS are invalid when brought in. And that it is this highlighting that is concerning you.

If you have updated the EANS (which were invalid) then they should no longer be matched in the list. (and therefore not show up). If it still believes the new EANS are invalid when you know they are correct then you could just delete the above flag LST. It should then not have any list of flags.

(take a backup first in case there has to be one there..)


I tried that too, I still get the message and the file is recreated.  I also tried a repair database which didn't fix it either.
My 4x4 Club: Club FJ Cruiser Quebec
DVDP Français: Forum DVD Profiler Français
DVDCOL:DVD Collectors Online
Video: LG RU-42PX10
Audio: Sony DreamSystem DAVFX100W
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributor69samael69
Registered: April 1, 2007
Canada Posts: 176
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I had about 80 UPCs unconverted, mostly foreign stuff.  I updated those that I could read from the cover scans and the rest from various on-line DVD retailers.  I know some of them are not contributed.  Is there a was to find which ones are not part of the contributed DB?

Rob
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantsteveuk
Registered: October 31, 2007
United Kingdom Posts: 19
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I updated my 6  DVD's by inserting the disc....I presume that is ok?
"The hell I will", John Wayne
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantnuoyaxin
prev. known as ya_shin
Registered: March 13, 2007
Taiwan, Province of China Posts: 3,404
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting steveuk:
Quote:
I updated my 6  DVD's by inserting the disc....I presume that is ok?

You could just have edited the UPCs to add the missing digits...

Of course, if it was profiles that had been added by Disc-ID, then you were of course quite right the way you did it
Achim [Ya-Shin//Nuo]
Registered: May 29, 2000 (at InterVocative)
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1 2 3 4  Previous   Next