Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

    Invelos Forums->General: Website Discussion Page: 1 2  Previous   Next
Are Contribution Approvals on Pause for the Beta
Author Message
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMerrik
NON-STEPFORD PROFILER
Registered: September 30, 2008
Reputation: Highest Rating
Canada Posts: 1,757
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Just a question (not a judgment, promise!!)

Wondering if at least new profile submission approvals are currently on pause awaiting the Beta to be released or anything? Just asking because new profile submissions for most of the years I've been a member have been approved within about 24 hours, and I have one currently pending after 3 days.

The only reason I ask is because of submitting new releases. A lot of members can rush to submit a new release ASAP and there's no way to tell if a new release has already been submitted until after completing all the info and submitting it and checking the contribution notes to see if someone "beat" you to it. It can just be a bit of a pain to spend an hour completing a profile, submitting it and then checking to see if it's been submitted only to find out someone else submitted the profile two days before you and your work effectively was kind of a waste.

Again, NOT a judgment, promise! Totally understand if they're backlogged or on hold or one of the other tons of reasons they're not getting approved as quickly as they used to.

Thanks! 
The night is calling. And it whispers to me soflty come and play.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorThe Movieman
DVDP User Since 2007
Registered: March 18, 2007
Reputation: Superior Rating
United States Posts: 2,237
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
1. I don't think new contributions are on pause, just taking longer to be approved.

2. Once a new contribution is submitted, until it's approved and released, nobody can submit anything, you'll get a notice.
Movieman's Guide to the Movies
http://www.moviemansguide.com

Follow Me:
@moviemansguide
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributordee1959jay
Registered: March 19, 2007
Reputation: Great Rating
Netherlands Posts: 5,846
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I haven't submitted new profiles recently, but I have submitted contributions to existing profiles, and these took no longer to get approved than usual (4-5 days).

Could it be that your new profile contained a new birth year? In such cases a contribution is subjected to extra scrutiny and that could explain the delay.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorT!M
User since 6 Dec. 2000
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Netherlands Posts: 6,754
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Merrik:
Quote:
Just asking because new profile submissions for most of the years I've been a member have been approved within about 24 hours, and I have one currently pending after 3 days.

Same here: regular contributions are processed normally, but the oldest new one I have pending dates back to March 2, so it's been a full week for that one now. And no, there's no new birth year in it. Again, updates to existing profiles are being processed normally - no problem there - just that new one is stuck in limbo for a week, while those are normally approved within 24 hours.
 Last edited: by T!M
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorSidrat
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Australia Posts: 1,886
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I have a new profile dating back to the 3rd; frustrating but it is what it is.

Edit: It's now been approved.
In the end; Winning is the only safety.
Kerr Avon
Blakes 7 Series 4, Ep. Blake.
 Last edited: by Sidrat
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributordfmorgan
Lime and limpid green
Registered: March 27, 2007
United Kingdom Posts: 86
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
My oldest are dated 25th Feb for minor Case Type mods no cast/crew years. With the 6th and 7th of  March for a couple of new profiles.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorWigram
Don't blink!
Registered: June 6, 2007
Reputation: High Rating
Canada Posts: 840
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Some regular contributions are processed normally, but not all. For instance, I submitted 3 contributions with new cast and crew on Feb 25th. Two were accepted on March 2nd, but one is still pending. The only difference I can see is the former had yes votes, while the latter had none.

Since Feb 25th, out of 44 submissions, 21 were accepted, including all the new additions to the database.

EDIT: A whole bunch were approved in the last few minutes. Oldest one is now from Feb 28th.
 Last edited: by Wigram
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorWigram
Don't blink!
Registered: June 6, 2007
Reputation: High Rating
Canada Posts: 840
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
The backlog is gone in my submissions. Oldest is now from March 2nd.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDoubleDownAgain
I see better with 'em on
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: Great Rating
Canada Posts: 1,272
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Had one edit approved today from Feb 25, 2017.

Had a new one submitted Feb 26, 2017 and it got approved Mar 3, 2017.

Contributed a new one on Mar 5, 2017 and it's still pending.
HDTV: 52" Toshiba Regza 52XV545U  AVR: Onkyo TR-707
Speakers: Paradigm Monitor 7 v6, CC-190 & Atom Monitors  Subwoofer: Definitive Technology ProSub 800
BD/DVD: Oppo BDP-93 (Region Free)  HD PVR: Motorola DXC3400 500GB w/ 1TB Expander
BD/DVD/Game: 250GB PS3 Slim DVD/Game: 250GB XBox 360 Elite Special Edition (Black) Game: Wii
Remote: Logitech Harmony One w/ PS3 Adapter WHS: Acer H341 Windows Home Server
 Last edited: by DoubleDownAgain
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorrdodolak
Registered: March 18, 2007
Reputation: High Rating
United States Posts: 1,129
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I had updates for about 10 existing profiles which were in limbo for about 12 days, but those were all approved today.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMerrik
NON-STEPFORD PROFILER
Registered: September 30, 2008
Reputation: Highest Rating
Canada Posts: 1,757
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting The Movieman:
Quote:
2. Once a new contribution is submitted, until it's approved and released, nobody can submit anything, you'll get a notice.


Really? I guess it's been awhile since I submitted a profile only to have seen someone else had already submitted it. At that time, there was no way to tell a contribution for a new profile was pending other than to check the contribution notes AFTER you had submitted something. And if someone else had beaten you to it, you were SOL.

At what point does it give you a notice?

Like, should I just fill in the bare minimum requirements for a new profile contribution and try to submit it? Will it tell me at that point that someone else has submitted the profile?

I only ask because I have about 35 titles sitting here (I'm so behind  ) that aren't in the system yet when I try to add them by UPC. I really don't want to do a whole bunch of work only to find out it was for nothing.
The night is calling. And it whispers to me soflty come and play.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMerrik
NON-STEPFORD PROFILER
Registered: September 30, 2008
Reputation: Highest Rating
Canada Posts: 1,757
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
And I wasn't worried too much about the wait times for just profile updates, that's no biggie. You can totally check before if someone submitted changes. Mostly was just worried about submitting a new profile that had already been submitted. I've just never seen the wait times this long before, but I'm not overly worried, was just wondering.
The night is calling. And it whispers to me soflty come and play.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorThe Movieman
DVDP User Since 2007
Registered: March 18, 2007
Reputation: Superior Rating
United States Posts: 2,237
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Merrik:
Quote:
Quoting The Movieman:
Quote:
2. Once a new contribution is submitted, until it's approved and released, nobody can submit anything, you'll get a notice.


Really? I guess it's been awhile since I submitted a profile only to have seen someone else had already submitted it. At that time, there was no way to tell a contribution for a new profile was pending other than to check the contribution notes AFTER you had submitted something. And if someone else had beaten you to it, you were SOL.

At what point does it give you a notice?

Like, should I just fill in the bare minimum requirements for a new profile contribution and try to submit it? Will it tell me at that point that someone else has submitted the profile?

I only ask because I have about 35 titles sitting here (I'm so behind  ) that aren't in the system yet when I try to add them by UPC. I really don't want to do a whole bunch of work only to find out it was for nothing.


I think submitting anything you will get the notice right away. I can't remember the exact wording off hand. I've only come across it maybe 3 or 4 times. If there isn't already a profile, whatever you submit will go through as usual.
Movieman's Guide to the Movies
http://www.moviemansguide.com

Follow Me:
@moviemansguide
 Last edited: by The Movieman
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMerrik
NON-STEPFORD PROFILER
Registered: September 30, 2008
Reputation: Highest Rating
Canada Posts: 1,757
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting The Movieman:
Quote:
Quoting Merrik:
Quote:
Quoting The Movieman:
Quote:
2. Once a new contribution is submitted, until it's approved and released, nobody can submit anything, you'll get a notice.


Really? I guess it's been awhile since I submitted a profile only to have seen someone else had already submitted it. At that time, there was no way to tell a contribution for a new profile was pending other than to check the contribution notes AFTER you had submitted something. And if someone else had beaten you to it, you were SOL.

At what point does it give you a notice?

Like, should I just fill in the bare minimum requirements for a new profile contribution and try to submit it? Will it tell me at that point that someone else has submitted the profile?

I only ask because I have about 35 titles sitting here (I'm so behind  ) that aren't in the system yet when I try to add them by UPC. I really don't want to do a whole bunch of work only to find out it was for nothing.


I think submitting anything you will get the notice right away. I can't remember the exact wording off hand. I've only come across it maybe 3 or 4 times. If there isn't already a profile, whatever you submit will go through as usual.



Okay, thanks, I'll give it a try (fill in the bare minimum, take the first steps to submitting it and see if anything pops up). Appreciate it!
The night is calling. And it whispers to me soflty come and play.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMerrik
NON-STEPFORD PROFILER
Registered: September 30, 2008
Reputation: Highest Rating
Canada Posts: 1,757
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting dee1959jay:
Quote:
I haven't submitted new profiles recently, but I have submitted contributions to existing profiles, and these took no longer to get approved than usual (4-5 days).

Could it be that your new profile contained a new birth year? In such cases a contribution is subjected to extra scrutiny and that could explain the delay.


Yeah, as T!M said, no new Birth Years or anything in the profile, just a regular profile contribution for a profile not yet in the system. I have some contributions pending that are just for updates to profiles, but those are only a couple days old as well, and everyone is saying they're approved within the normal time frame, so that should be all good too.

Thanks for the suggestion though!
The night is calling. And it whispers to me soflty come and play.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMerrik
NON-STEPFORD PROFILER
Registered: September 30, 2008
Reputation: Highest Rating
Canada Posts: 1,757
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
A bunch went through, including one I just submitted last night. So maybe all is caught up! Either way, like I said, wasn't trying to complain, was just wondering! Thanks for getting them all processed! 
The night is calling. And it whispers to me soflty come and play.
    Invelos Forums->General: Website Discussion Page: 1 2  Previous   Next