Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

    Invelos Forums->General: General Home Theater Discussion Page: 1 2 3 4  Previous   Next
Anyone else care to share views of their home theatre rooms
Author Message
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantBill MacNeill
Bill
Registered: March 13, 2007
United States Posts: 356
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I have almost finished my home theatre/game room. The toys include...

Touch screen jukebox incorporated with surround sound Technics 5.1 receiver. The touch screen sitting on the speaker next to Rowe Jukebox. It also runs DVD profiler.

1949 RCA 45 player with 1950 AM radio receiver. (Needs to find better home. Wall unit being built)

Brunswick 7ft oak pool table.

Cerwin Vega 380SE for left and right front with Cerwin Vega Center channel. Pioneer bookshelf speakers in the rear.

Infocus IN76 Projector

Panasonic S52 Upscaling DVD Player

Ashley leather sectional with 4 recliners, (Very Comfy)


Here are the pics of the finished product to date. Anyone else care to share pics of their theatre/game rooms?




DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantBill MacNeill
Bill
Registered: March 13, 2007
United States Posts: 356
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
.
 Last edited: by Bill MacNeill
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorVirusPil
uncredited
Registered: January 1, 2009
Reputation: Highest Rating
Germany Posts: 3,087
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Not bad. 

I also want a special home theatre room. But until i have a flat or house i own, i just watch movies in my living room. (So that's not very interesting, for you) 
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAntares
Registered: May 26, 2007
Reputation: High Rating
United States Posts: 595
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Bill MacNeill:
Quote:
I have almost finished my home theatre/game room. The toys include...

Touch screen jukebox incorporated with surround sound Technics 5.1 receiver. The touch screen sitting on the speaker next to Rowe Jukebox. It also runs DVD profiler.

1949 RCA 45 player with 1950 AM radio receiver. (Needs to find better home. Wall unit being built)

Brunswick 7ft oak pool table.

Cerwin Vega 380SE for left and right front with Cerwin Vega Center channel. Pioneer bookshelf speakers in the rear.

Infocus IN76 Projector

Panasonic S52 Upscaling DVD Player

Ashley leather sectional with 4 recliners, (Very Comfy)


Here are the pics of the finished product to date. Anyone else care to share pics of their theatre/game rooms?


What kind of subwoofer?
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantBill MacNeill
Bill
Registered: March 13, 2007
United States Posts: 356
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
There is no sub, Have not needed it as the front speakers pump out some earth shattering bass. The system in our family room has a sub woofer and to be honest, the theatre room has much more punch with the Cerwin Vegas 15" woofers. What would a sub do that the Cerwins cannot?

I also did not mention that the screen is 106" gray screen tab tentioned with black velvet material over the metal frame.  The gray screen really makes the picture brilliant to watch.
 Last edited: by Bill MacNeill
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantsivartk
OTA, OAR only, okay
Registered: May 25, 2007
United States Posts: 32
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Not much, but gets the job done.


Flickr Link
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantBill MacNeill
Bill
Registered: March 13, 2007
United States Posts: 356
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting sivartk:
Quote:
Not much, but gets the job done.


Flickr Link


Great looking room. How did you get the picture taken showing the detail of Anniston on your flickr page? Did you use a tripod? I have tried many times and have not been successful. I like the reels on the wall. I want to do the same but the wife is telliing me there is to much on the walls now. I'm gonna do it anyways as soon as I can find something I like. What do you have for your surrounds? Are they in the ceiling? I did not see them behind the couch. I also like the curtains around the screen. Do they close for non letterbox films to mask the screeen.

Thanks for sharing.
 Last edited: by Bill MacNeill
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantzepherman
Registered: September 26, 2007
Posts: 10
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Bill MacNeill:
Quote:
I have almost finished my home theatre/game room. The toys include...

Touch screen jukebox incorporated with surround sound Technics 5.1 receiver. The touch screen sitting on the speaker next to Rowe Jukebox. It also runs DVD profiler.

1949 RCA 45 player with 1950 AM radio receiver. (Needs to find better home. Wall unit being built)

Brunswick 7ft oak pool table.

Cerwin Vega 380SE for left and right front with Cerwin Vega Center channel. Pioneer bookshelf speakers in the rear.

Infocus IN76 Projector

Panasonic S52 Upscaling DVD Player

Ashley leather sectional with 4 recliners, (Very Comfy)


Here are the pics of the finished product to date. Anyone else care to share pics of their theatre/game rooms?



That's a very nice setup you've got there! What size of screen is that?
My Blu-ray, HD DVD, and DVD collection
My Martin Logan Theater
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantzepherman
Registered: September 26, 2007
Posts: 10
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting sivartk:
Quote:
Not much, but gets the job done.


Flickr Link


Sweet system!  It's hard to tell what kind of speakers those are, but they kind of look like Definitive Technology.
My Blu-ray, HD DVD, and DVD collection
My Martin Logan Theater
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantBill MacNeill
Bill
Registered: March 13, 2007
United States Posts: 356
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
The screen is 106" and made by Elitech For the money you cannot go wrong. Extremely bright picture and great contrast.

Quoting zepherman:
Quote:
Quoting Bill MacNeill:
Quote:
I have almost finished my home theatre/game room. The toys include...

Touch screen jukebox incorporated with surround sound Technics 5.1 receiver. The touch screen sitting on the speaker next to Rowe Jukebox. It also runs DVD profiler.

1949 RCA 45 player with 1950 AM radio receiver. (Needs to find better home. Wall unit being built)

Brunswick 7ft oak pool table.

Cerwin Vega 380SE for left and right front with Cerwin Vega Center channel. Pioneer bookshelf speakers in the rear.

Infocus IN76 Projector

Panasonic S52 Upscaling DVD Player

Ashley leather sectional with 4 recliners, (Very Comfy)


Here are the pics of the finished product to date. Anyone else care to share pics of their theatre/game rooms?



That's a very nice setup you've got there! What size of screen is that?
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantzepherman
Registered: September 26, 2007
Posts: 10
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
My setup

Speakers:

Martin Logan Models: reQuest, Aerius i, Theater i, Descent

Associated electronics:

Preamp Processor/Amplifiers
Pre/Pro: Denon AVP-A1HDCI
5 Channel Amp: Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Series II
5 Channel Amp: Sonance Sonamp 5150

Source

CD Player: Sony CDP-XA20ES
HD DVD Player: Toshiba HD-XA2 (2)
Blu-ray Universal Player: Denon DVD-A1UDCI
Blu-ray Transport: Denon 2500BTCI
Blu-ray Multi-region Player: Sherwood BDP-5003
DVD/DVD-A/SACD Player: Yamaha DVD-S2300
CD Recorder: Denon CDR-W1500
S-VHS VCR: JVC HRS-9911U
HD Satellite: Dish Network HD VIP622 DVR/ Hughes HR10-250 Tivo DVR/DirecTV Receiver
Laserdisc Player: Pioneer Elite CLD-99
Minidisc Recorder: Sony MDS-JE530
Tape Deck: Sony TC-K707ES

Display

Sony KDS-R70XBR2 70" SXRD HDTV

Power Conditioner/Surge Protection
Monster Power HTS 5000
Panamax Max DBS
APC Smart UPS SUA750

Additional electronics
Yamaha APD-1 AC-3 RF Demodulator
Western Digital-My Book Premium Edition 750GB external hard drive (for archiving from Dish Network VIP622HD)

Additional Speakers

Subwoofer: ADS MS3
Rear Center Surrounds: Paradigm Mini Monitors
Rear L/R Height Channels: Paradigm Mini Monitors

Interconnects/Speaker Wire

Speaker Cables - Mains: Monster Cable M Series (Bi-Wired Shotgun Configuration)
Speaker Cable - Center: Monter Cable M Series
Speaker Cable - Surrounds: Monster Cable Original 12 gauge
Interconnects: Outlaw Audio PCA with locking barrel ends
Coax Digital: Apature Accusound Digital
Optical: Monster Light Speed 200
XLR Balanced Cables: Cobalt Ultimate Balanced XLR and Audioquest Columbia with 72v DBS
HDMI Cables: Audioquest Cinemaquest HDMI X and HDMI 3


















My Blu-ray, HD DVD, and DVD collection
My Martin Logan Theater
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantzepherman
Registered: September 26, 2007
Posts: 10
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Bill MacNeill:
Quote:
The screen is 106" and made by Elitech For the money you cannot go wrong. Extremely bright picture and great contrast.


Very cool.
My Blu-ray, HD DVD, and DVD collection
My Martin Logan Theater
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantBill MacNeill
Bill
Registered: March 13, 2007
United States Posts: 356
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Very very impressive. I love the whole setup.


Quoting zepherman:
Quote:
My setup

Speakers:

Martin Logan Models: reQuest, Aerius i, Theater i, Descent

Associated electronics:

Preamp Processor/Amplifiers
Pre/Pro: Denon AVP-A1HDCI
5 Channel Amp: Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Series II
5 Channel Amp: Sonance Sonamp 5150

Source

CD Player: Sony CDP-XA20ES
HD DVD Player: Toshiba HD-XA2 (2)
Blu-ray Universal Player: Denon DVD-A1UDCI
Blu-ray Transport: Denon 2500BTCI
Blu-ray Multi-region Player: Sherwood BDP-5003
DVD/DVD-A/SACD Player: Yamaha DVD-S2300
CD Recorder: Denon CDR-W1500
S-VHS VCR: JVC HRS-9911U
HD Satellite: Dish Network HD VIP622 DVR/ Hughes HR10-250 Tivo DVR/DirecTV Receiver
Laserdisc Player: Pioneer Elite CLD-99
Minidisc Recorder: Sony MDS-JE530
Tape Deck: Sony TC-K707ES

Display

Sony KDS-R70XBR2 70" SXRD HDTV

Power Conditioner/Surge Protection
Monster Power HTS 5000
Panamax Max DBS
APC Smart UPS SUA750

Additional electronics
Yamaha APD-1 AC-3 RF Demodulator
Western Digital-My Book Premium Edition 750GB external hard drive (for archiving from Dish Network VIP622HD)

Additional Speakers

Subwoofer: ADS MS3
Rear Center Surrounds: Paradigm Mini Monitors
Rear L/R Height Channels: Paradigm Mini Monitors

Interconnects/Speaker Wire

Speaker Cables - Mains: Monster Cable M Series (Bi-Wired Shotgun Configuration)
Speaker Cable - Center: Monter Cable M Series
Speaker Cable - Surrounds: Monster Cable Original 12 gauge
Interconnects: Outlaw Audio PCA with locking barrel ends
Coax Digital: Apature Accusound Digital
Optical: Monster Light Speed 200
XLR Balanced Cables: Cobalt Ultimate Balanced XLR and Audioquest Columbia with 72v DBS
HDMI Cables: Audioquest Cinemaquest HDMI X and HDMI 3


















DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorVirusPil
uncredited
Registered: January 1, 2009
Reputation: Highest Rating
Germany Posts: 3,087
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Great setup Zepherman. Looks really impressive. I think looking movies in your home theatre must be great. I think you thought of all from Display to cables all good (and expensive) stuff.

Thanks for sharing.
 Last edited: by VirusPil
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantzepherman
Registered: September 26, 2007
Posts: 10
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Bill MacNeill:
Quote:
Very very impressive. I love the whole setup.



Quoting VirusPil:
Quote:
Great setup Zepherman. Looks really impressive. I think looking movies in your home theatre must be great. I think you thought of all from Display to cables all good (and expensive) stuff.

Thanks for sharing.


Thank you for the kind words on my setup.
My Blu-ray, HD DVD, and DVD collection
My Martin Logan Theater
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorwhispering
On ne passe pas!
Registered: March 13, 2007
Finland Posts: 1,375
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Ok, heres mine, its not as grand as some have, but in my small apartment (2R+K) bigger isnt better

My aim is to have a "home theater" in my living room, that is only visible when I watch movies. I use a sliding door that separates my kitchen and living room as the screen. ATM it looks like that:

Living room mode:


Home theater mode:


Seating:


My to do list is:
-Better the surface of the sliding door and paint it with a proper colour.
-New speakers. I really want the Orb Audio's Peoples Choice set, but dont know if i can afford them. Have now ordered a new Audio Pro centre speaker to "buy more time" for the current setup.
-New sofa to replace the current ones that are about 2 decades old.
-New amplifier that has HDMI connectors.

When that is all done, ill get a Blu-Ray player and a FullHD projector.
    Invelos Forums->General: General Home Theater Discussion Page: 1 2 3 4  Previous   Next