Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Contribution Discussion Page: 1 2 3  Previous   Next
Kenn[y]eth [Babyface] Edmonds common name
Author Message
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKluge
Registered: August 4, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Italy Posts: 1,945
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Kenneth 'Babyface' Edmonds (CLT 12/39)
Ali (song writer)
Babyface - A Collection of Hit Videos
Bad Boys II (song writer)
Get on the Bus (composer)
The Nick & Jessica Variety Hour
The Prince of Egypt (composer) only  producer and additional music
Soul Food
Whitney: The Greatest Hits (song writer)

Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds (CLT 6/16) 2 confirmed
Ali (song writer)
Anna and the King (song writer)
Fight Club (song writer) (not original soundtrack)
Light It Up (executive producer)
Simon Birch (song writer)
Waiting to Exhale (composer)

Kenneth Edmonds (CLT 6/25) 1 confirmed
Josie and the Pussycats (executive producer)
The Prince of Egypt  (song writer) only producer and additional music
Soul Food (executive producer and song writer)

Babyface (CLT 12/62) 3 confirmed
Babyface - A Collection of Hit Videos
Babyface - MTV Unplugged NYC 1997
Bad Boys (song writer) (probably not original soundtrack)
The Bodyguard (song writer)
Boomerang (song writer)
Ghostbusters 2 (song writer)
Phil Collins - 'A Life Less Ordinary'

Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds (CLT 2/11)
Beverly Hills 90210: The Fourth Season
Hit Man: David Foster & Friends

K. Edmonds (CLT 1/23) 1 confirmed
Showtime
Updated List of Accepted Birth Years
 Last edited: by Kluge
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorT!M
User since 6 Dec. 2000
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Netherlands Posts: 6,756
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
'Boomerang': Babyface
'Ghostbusters II': Babyface
'Josie and the Pussycats': Kenneth Edmonds
'Showtime': K. Edmonds
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMerrik
NON-STEPFORD PROFILER
Registered: September 30, 2008
Reputation: Highest Rating
Canada Posts: 1,757
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
This one's been bugging me for awhile and I've been meaning to start a thread for it, so thanks very much! 

From my own audits:

Anna and the King: Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds (Songwriter "How Can I Not Love You" which I believe is original to the film)
The Bodyguard: Babyface (Songwriter "Queen of the Night")
Waiting to Exhale: Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds (Composer and Songwriter for numerous original songs)

*Edit* I see T!M already confirmed Josie and the Pussycats.
The night is calling. And it whispers to me soflty come and play.
 Last edited: by Merrik
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMerrik
NON-STEPFORD PROFILER
Registered: September 30, 2008
Reputation: Highest Rating
Canada Posts: 1,757
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Bad Boys: Babyface

I can't tell you however, if the song is original to the soundtrack. It's for the song Someone to Love by Jon B. featuring Babyface. It was the fifth song on Jon B.'s debut album Bonafide, which was released in May of 1995 (the album was recorded in '94-'95). It also appears on the Bad Boys soundtrack, which was released in March of 1995 (generally if the release date of the soundtrack/film is pretty far away from an album, it's easy to tell if it's original or not). I can't find definitive information if it was recorded for Jon B.'s album or the Bad Boys soundtrack. Sorry.
The night is calling. And it whispers to me soflty come and play.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKluge
Registered: August 4, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Italy Posts: 1,945
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Merrik:
Quote:
Bad Boys: Babyface

I can't tell you however, if the song is original to the soundtrack. It's for the song Someone to Love by Jon B. featuring Babyface. It was the fifth song on Jon B.'s debut album Bonafide, which was released in May of 1995 (the album was recorded in '94-'95). It also appears on the Bad Boys soundtrack, which was released in March of 1995 (generally if the release date of the soundtrack/film is pretty far away from an album, it's easy to tell if it's original or not). I can't find definitive information if it was recorded for Jon B.'s album or the Bad Boys soundtrack. Sorry.


If you see in the film credits "by permission of" or sometingh like this, the song is most probably not original.
Updated List of Accepted Birth Years
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMerrik
NON-STEPFORD PROFILER
Registered: September 30, 2008
Reputation: Highest Rating
Canada Posts: 1,757
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Bad Boys II: Not Credited as song writer for any of the songs listed in the film's closing credits
The night is calling. And it whispers to me soflty come and play.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMerrik
NON-STEPFORD PROFILER
Registered: September 30, 2008
Reputation: Highest Rating
Canada Posts: 1,757
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Kluge:
Quote:
Quoting Merrik:
Quote:
Bad Boys: Babyface

I can't tell you however, if the song is original to the soundtrack. It's for the song Someone to Love by Jon B. featuring Babyface. It was the fifth song on Jon B.'s debut album Bonafide, which was released in May of 1995 (the album was recorded in '94-'95). It also appears on the Bad Boys soundtrack, which was released in March of 1995 (generally if the release date of the soundtrack/film is pretty far away from an album, it's easy to tell if it's original or not). I can't find definitive information if it was recorded for Jon B.'s album or the Bad Boys soundtrack. Sorry.


If you see in the film credits "by permission of" or sometingh like this, the song is most probably not original.


I went back and checked, the credit reads as "By arrangement with Sony Music Licensing" so I'm going to say most likely not original to the film.
The night is calling. And it whispers to me soflty come and play.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMerrik
NON-STEPFORD PROFILER
Registered: September 30, 2008
Reputation: Highest Rating
Canada Posts: 1,757
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Not sure how we'd handle something like Whitney: The Greatest Hits.

Babyface did write some of the songs that appear on the DVD, but none are original so-to-speak to the dvd. They're all from other places.

He had a hand in writing I'm Your Baby Tonight, but that was for her third album by the same name, not from a film.

He had a hand in writing Exhale (Shoop, Shoop) which is original to Waiting to Exhale, and there he's credited as Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds.

He also had a hand in writing Queen of the Night which is original to The Bodyguard, and there he's credited as Babyface.

So either we'd have to discount the entire thing all together because none are original to the dvd or separate all the film specific credits, ignore the album specific credits, and list them that way. Or if we wanted to list the credits for titles like these, we'd have to turn to the dvd notes (assuming they have them) to see how he's credited, as generally music video compilations don't have any kind of credits at all.

I'm assuming (without looking at them) that the same problem would arise with Babyface: A Collection of Hit Videos, The Nick & Jessica Variety Hour, Babyface: MTV Unplugged NYC 1997, Phil Collins: A Life Less Ordinary & Hit Man: David Foster & Friends.
The night is calling. And it whispers to me soflty come and play.
 Last edited: by Merrik
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKluge
Registered: August 4, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Italy Posts: 1,945
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Merrik:
Quote:

So either we'd have to discount the entire thing all together because none are original to the dvd or separate all the film specific credits, ignore the album specific credits, and list them that way. Or if we wanted to list the credits for titles like these, we'd have to turn to the dvd notes (assuming they have them) to see how he's credited, as generally music video compilations don't have any kind of credits at all.

I'm assuming (without looking at them) that the same problem would arise with Babyface: A Collection of Hit Videos, The Nick & Jessica Variety Hour, Babyface: MTV Unplugged NYC 1997, Phil Collins: A Life Less Ordinary & Hit Man: David Foster & Friends.


I think the the valid credits are only for original songs, or something else like producer.
Updated List of Accepted Birth Years
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKluge
Registered: August 4, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Italy Posts: 1,945
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Kenneth 'Babyface' Edmonds (CLT 12/39)
Ali (song writer)
Babyface - A Collection of Hit Videos
Bad Boys II (not credited)
Get on the Bus (composer)
The Nick & Jessica Variety Hour
The Prince of Egypt (composer) only  producer and additional music
Soul Food
Whitney: The Greatest Hits (song writer, but not original songs)

Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds (CLT 6/16) 2 confirmed
Ali (song writer)
Anna and the King (song writer)
Fight Club (song writer) (not original soundtrack)
Light It Up (executive producer)
Simon Birch (song writer)
Waiting to Exhale (composer)

Kenneth Edmonds (CLT 6/25) 1 confirmed
Josie and the Pussycats (executive producer)
The Prince of Egypt  (song writer) only producer and additional music
Soul Food (executive producer and song writer)

Babyface (CLT 12/62) 3 confirmed
Babyface - A Collection of Hit Videos
Babyface - MTV Unplugged NYC 1997
Bad Boys (song writer) (probably not original soundtrack)
The Bodyguard (song writer)
Boomerang (song writer)
Ghostbusters 2 (song writer)
Phil Collins - 'A Life Less Ordinary'

Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds (CLT 2/11)
Beverly Hills 90210: The Fourth Season
Hit Man: David Foster & Friends

K. Edmonds (CLT 1/23) 1 confirmed
Showtime
Updated List of Accepted Birth Years
 Last edited: by Kluge
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorAiAustria
Registered: May 19, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Austria Posts: 2,908
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
List of common name threads - Headshots starting point
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantjmbox
Registered: April 14, 2007
United Kingdom Posts: 414
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
According to IMDB/Wikipedia, Babyface was nominated for Bad Boys' Someone to Love in the 1996 Grammys for Best Song Written Specifically for a Movie or TV show.

Found these media sources:
CNN
LA Times
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorAiAustria
Registered: May 19, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Austria Posts: 2,908
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting jmbox:
Quote:
According to IMDB/Wikipedia, Babyface was nominated for Bad Boys' Someone to Love in the 1996 Grammys for Best Song Written Specifically for a Movie or TV show.

Found these media sources:
CNN
LA Times

Per definition we only count visually confirmed credits of films and TV show episodes. Other sources - especially IMDB - are not allowed.
List of common name threads - Headshots starting point
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorateo357
Registered: December 27, 2009
Reputation: Superior Rating
United States Posts: 4,665
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting AiAustria:
Quote:
Quoting jmbox:
Quote:
According to IMDB/Wikipedia, Babyface was nominated for Bad Boys' Someone to Love in the 1996 Grammys for Best Song Written Specifically for a Movie or TV show.

Found these media sources:
CNN
LA Times

Per definition we only count visually confirmed credits of films and TV show episodes. Other sources - especially IMDB - are not allowed.



Pretty sure he was only confirming that it is an original song for the film.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorAiAustria
Registered: May 19, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Austria Posts: 2,908
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Oh, sorry, missed that 
List of common name threads - Headshots starting point
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKluge
Registered: August 4, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Italy Posts: 1,945
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Kenneth 'Babyface' Edmonds (CLT 12/39)
Ali (song writer)
Babyface - A Collection of Hit Videos
Bad Boys II (not credited)
Get on the Bus (composer)
The Nick & Jessica Variety Hour
The Prince of Egypt (composer) only  producer and additional music
Soul Food
Whitney: The Greatest Hits (song writer, but not original songs)

Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds (CLT 6/16) 2 confirmed
Ali (song writer)
Anna and the King (song writer)
Fight Club (song writer) (not original soundtrack)
Light It Up (executive producer)
Simon Birch (song writer)
Waiting to Exhale (composer)

Kenneth Edmonds (CLT 6/25) 1 confirmed
Josie and the Pussycats (executive producer)
The Prince of Egypt  (song writer) only producer and additional music
Soul Food (executive producer and song writer)

Babyface (CLT 12/62) 4 confirmed
Babyface - A Collection of Hit Videos
Babyface - MTV Unplugged NYC 1997
Bad Boys (song writer)
The Bodyguard (song writer)
Boomerang (song writer)
Ghostbusters 2 (song writer)
Phil Collins - 'A Life Less Ordinary'

Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds (CLT 2/11)
Beverly Hills 90210: The Fourth Season
Hit Man: David Foster & Friends

K. Edmonds (CLT 1/23) 1 confirmed
Showtime
Updated List of Accepted Birth Years
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Contribution Discussion Page: 1 2 3  Previous   Next