Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

    Invelos Forums->General: General Home Theater Discussion Page: 1 2 3 4 ...8  Previous   Next
New Xbox 360 Elite, no HD DVD
Author Message
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantCalidain
You're no Daisy at all!
Registered: March 16, 2007
Posts: 405
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I too have been putting off the XBOX 360.  I played Gears of WAR and fell in love with it and I have been seriously looking at the upcoming release of HALO 3, now this news has added another wrinkle!!!
My Collection!!!
 Last edited: by Calidain
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantCalidain
You're no Daisy at all!
Registered: March 16, 2007
Posts: 405
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Ascended_Saiyan:

Quote:

People generally arrive at what they prefer via information gathered.  Therefore, it is logical to end up picking something you would not have ordinarily chosen if you had the correct information at that time.  That's just life.  You can usually tell if someone is closed to something if they just won't read it.  That generally means they don't want to see something that might change their resolve.

I'm not so much a Sony evangelist as I am a truth sayer, my friend.  If the truth points me to Microsoft, then oh well.  If it's Sony, oh well.  I try to follow the facts of the long and short term and try to average them out.  I'm very math oriented.  I have never owned a Playstation 'til now.  I own 2 Xbox, Xbox 360, Dreamcast, N64, etc going back to the Atari 2600.


You have a very annoying habit of using your so-called truth sayer ability ( ) as an attack.  You pull out numbers and facts and then attack other people's choices as being WRONG.  You continually insult folks in a subtle manner by ever so gently suggesting that they made / make the wrong choice because, unlike you, they didn't gather all the information and facts about either the newest gaming console or the next great Hi-Def format...and then you have the nerve to take offense that they are attacking you when they get offended???   
My Collection!!!
 Last edited: by Calidain
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAscended_Saiyan
A Blu-ray crack fiend
Registered: March 13, 2007
Posts: 1,127
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Calidain:
Quote:


You have a very annoying habit of using your so-called truth sayer ability ( ) as an attack.  You pull out numbers and facts and then attack other people's choices as being WRONG.  You continually insult folks in a subtle manner by ever so gently suggesting that they made / make the wrong choice because, unlike you, they didn't gather all the information and facts about either the newest gaming console or the next great Hi-Def format...and then you have the nerve to take offense that they are attacking you when they get offended???   

Some people just can tell the difference between attacking people and questioning their methodology that helped them arrive at that choice.  Oh well...
To err is human...
-----------
473 Blu-ray Titles
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantCalidain
You're no Daisy at all!
Registered: March 16, 2007
Posts: 405
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Ascended_Saiyan:

Some people just can tell the difference between attacking people and questioning their methodology that helped them arrive at that choice.  Oh well...

True enough, except the methodology that works for you is probably not going to work for everyone else, and you seem to preach that if they don't use your methodology that they are making a huge mistake!!!
My Collection!!!
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAscended_Saiyan
A Blu-ray crack fiend
Registered: March 13, 2007
Posts: 1,127
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Calidain:
Quote:
True enough, except the methodology that works for you is probably not going to work for everyone else, and you seem to preach that if they don't use your methodology that they are making a huge mistake!!!

That's not it...really.  I just find that a lot of people don't know why they choose the things they choose.  Just as long as your thinking process does not include misinformation from other people or organizations against the other side, I can respect the decision.  I respect emotional decisions as long as it does not include misinformation towards the other side.  MattyJames post was based on emotion and misinformation.  I respect the emotion, but I did not respect the misleading information.
To err is human...
-----------
473 Blu-ray Titles
 Last edited: by Ascended_Saiyan
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorTheMadMartian
Alien with an attitude
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 13,115
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Ascended_Saiyan:
Quote:
Quoting Calidain:
Quote:

That's not it...really.  I just find that a lot of people don't know why they choose the things they choose.  Just as long as your thinking process does not include misinformation from other people or organizations against the other side, I can respect the decision.  I respect emotional decisions as long as it does not include misinformation towards the other side.  MattyJames post was based on emotion and misinformation.  I respect the emotion, but I did not respect the misleading information.


There is your problem.  There was no misleading information in the post you responded to.  That post contained that persons personal reasons for choosing one system over the the other.  Your reply made no sense in that context.  It looked like you completely ignored his post and spouted meaningless drivel. 
No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever.
There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom.
Against this power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand.
The Centauri learned this lesson once.
We will teach it to them again.
Though it take a thousand years, we will be free.
- Citizen G'Kar
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantgraymadder
Registered: March 13, 2007
United States Posts: 103
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
I bought my 360 back in September and I love it. Will i buy a PS3? not for awhile. Why? Because I think, now remember this is my opinion; Sony was following their usual business model. Make what we want, not what the consumer wants. The PS3, in my opinion, is there platform to promote Blu-Ray. they stand to make more money from Blu-Ray discs than they do from PS3 games etc. They pushed the launch of the PS3 back by more than a year so they could package it with a blu-ray drive. I actually like what Microsoft has done with the whole High Def DVD approach. They were backing HD DVD and opted it as an add on and now that HD DVD isn't doing all that good they opted to leave the HD drive completely out of the Elite.

I think it is very deceptive what Sony has done. Call me jaded, but it is what it is. Now I have and will always stand by the Blu-Ray format. Not because one is better or not but simply because of size. 25 GB per layer vs. 15 GB per layer, now THIS is simply just a numbers game. Bigger is better in this case.

HDMI is not a selling point for video gaming, now for TV and movies yes HDMI is a factor. I read that article that Ascended_Saiyan linked and it is completely biased. Insomniac is a game developer that makes games for the PS3. There were some items there that I thought were ok, but not nearly as many where I disagreed. I.E. Xbox live costs $70 for one year??? WTF? and people pay 29.99 for new dvds too... yeah right. I paid $45 for one year plus I got two months free.

Also who wants to wait 2 years for them to be able to develop games that will utilize the full potential of the processor? Especially when consoles have a 4-6 year life cycle, cycle meaning before the next gen is released. The Xbox was released on Nov 15th 2001 in the US and the 360 released Nov 22 2005 in the US. That is 4 years. For people who stay on top of technology and from what it looks like many people in this forum like to buy new technology when it is first released should worry about this.

Prior to the PS3 I was a big PS fan. I loved the PS. I also loved my N64. Goldeneye was the best game and the main reason I kept my N64. I got my PS2 in Dec 2000 just over a month after its launch in Oct 26 2000.

What I don't like about the 360 is the HDD. 20 GB with it really only being 13 GB after the system files is crazy. MS really messed up here. They really are trying to recoup some of the costs by overpricing the HDD. Even the upcoming release of the 120 GB HDD is still way and I mean WAY too small. Especially since they are trying to push Video content through XBOX live. 300 GB should be the minimum if they want to push video in both HD and SD formats. The price of 179 is out of control for 120 GB. The other thing I don't like is the noise of the 360. It is pretty loud. Other than that i can't think of anything else that I would mention.

I started reading the posts here and thought I would put my 2 cents in. Oh and I think the Wii is a great console. Nintendo gets major props for thinking outside the box on this one. Will it be a fad? Who knows. If Sega made the Wii then I would say yes because Sega can never get any love in anything they do.

To sum it up, it is my OPINION that a video game console should be just that. Do I want it to do all the things that I can do on my desktop PC, laptop, my dvd player, DVR? No. I don’t know about you people but I am tired of all the all-in-one technologies. Look at cell phones. Can you just buy a phone that is just a phone? No. It’s an MP3 (whatever format) player, has games, camera, video capturing, web browsing, email client, but can it make a call and not drop? Will the voice recognition software recognize the difference between Bob and Mom? Nope. Why because the time they should be spending making it a better phone they are trying to make look like an all in one. And who really uses the camera in their phone to capture moments in life they want to savor forever? The resolution is crap. 1.3 megapixels. Wow. A 15 sec video clip that is 120x120. Whoa step back Spielberg I got my Razr cam. Once one of the phones has these features now all the phones must have these features in order to compete. By the way by cell phone I don’t mean Q’s, Treo’s, or Blackberry’s.

That’s all for now.

I am sure that in a year or so you will see a PS3 next to my 360. I am a weak man.
 Last edited: by graymadder
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAscended_Saiyan
A Blu-ray crack fiend
Registered: March 13, 2007
Posts: 1,127
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
THIS I can respect.  I will address a couple things I believe you misinterpreted from the Insomnaic Games spiel and just address a couple other things.

Quoting graymadder:
Quote:
I think it is very deceptive what Sony has done.

I think Sony is the lesser of two evils.  Especially, with all MS's anti-trust cases and misleading their fans with forum misinformation tactics.
Quote:
HDMI is not a selling point for video gaming, now for TV and movies yes HDMI is a factor.

HDMI is the only way you can have 7.1 surround sound.  Sure you don't NEED it, but we didn't need 5.1 surround sound either.  I think we can all agree that it makes for a better experience.  HDMI 1.3 allows for Deep Color.  That means more vivid colored games in the future which is why the PS3 is a next-gen console.  When TVs and receivers catch up, it will be ready at no additional cost.
Quote:
Insomniac is a game developer that makes games for the PS3.

Yes, but they are not owned by Sony.  They are an independent company (like the company that made Elder Scrolls IV).
Quote:
Xbox live costs $70 for one year??? WTF?

Yeah.  It cost me $50 around June (maybe it went up or they are just wrong).  They did not offer me 2 months free.
Quote:
...and people pay 29.99 for new dvds too... yeah right.

They are talking about the MSRP of DVDs.
Quote:
Also who wants to wait 2 years for them to be able to develop games that will utilize the full potential of the processor?

Remember, that is the FULL potential of PS3.  Lair comes out next month and should be graphically equal to or probably better than anything currently out on the Xbox 360.  Then there is Assassin's Creed, Unreal Tournament 3, Heavenly Sword, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet and Clank, etc all THIS YEAR.  It's not like you have to wait 2 years for amazing games on the PS3.
Quote:
Especially when consoles have a 4-6 year life cycle, cycle meaning before the next gen is released. The Xbox was released on Nov 15th 2001 in the US and the 360 released Nov 22 2005 in the US. That is 4 years.

That is very true...for the Xbox.  Playstation consoles usually have an 8+ year lifespan.  That is why Sony built the PS3 to last 8 years.  We are in year 7 of the PS2 and they are still selling more units than the Xbox 360 by a lot.  They are still making amazing games for the PS2.
To err is human...
-----------
473 Blu-ray Titles
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantmnemo
Zuma!
Registered: March 17, 2007
Germany Posts: 82
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
No matter what you think of Microsoft, they surely did many things right with the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live and I'm just beginning to comprehend that when experiencing first-hand what Sony did with the PS3 (usability of the GUI and integration of the marketplace into games).

It's gonna take SOME time for Sony to get the PS3 to the point where the Xbox 360 already is - just having an (allegedly) more powerful console is not enough. As for all those games that are announced, they are just that: announced. Maybe Lair is good, maybe it isn't. Many games that are hyped fall short of expectations when they are released. Eggebrecht's (founder of Factor 5, Lair's developer) bashing of the Xbox 360 was pretty lame and I'm going to have a close eye on Lair.

At the moment, there's really no need to have a PS3 yet. Resistance is very underwhelming, Motor Storm is (in my opinion) unplayable crap and right now there's just nothing that couldn't be done on the Xbox 360. Yet (?). I got a "cheap" copy of Ridge Racer 7 on eBay that should arrive this week since the demo sure looks pretty, but again it's nothing that the Xbox 360 couldn't do. Many future titles will be published for both systems and if one is not a total fan of special Sony properties (like Ratchet & Clank) there's not much to miss out on in the next few months.

Let us discuss this further in 6 months.
Samsung UE55C6200, Yamaha RX-V2067, Xbox 360, PS3.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar Contributorschultzy
Xbox Live: squeekyfoot
Registered: March 13, 2007
United States Posts: 550
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
The larger HD will be available to buy seperately linkand use to replace the old one.  Places like Gamestop even sell a kind of USB connection/device to back up the contents of your existing 360 HD.

And for those not sure which system to go with or thinking PS3 becaue of games like Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy...  the next Devil May Cry will be on the 360 (http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/news/html/e070320.html) and there is talk of Final Fantasy 13 on 360 as well (http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/03/22/ffxiii-not-exclusive-to-ps3-after-all).

Couldnt get the links to work right
Schultzy - http://www.michaelschultz.net
grenactics - The art of skillfully fraggin one’s opponent with the use of grenades or other compact explosive devices that are thrown by hand or projected.
 Last edited: by schultzy
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAscended_Saiyan
A Blu-ray crack fiend
Registered: March 13, 2007
Posts: 1,127
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting mnemo:
Quote:
No matter what you think of Microsoft, they surely did many things right with the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live and I'm just beginning to comprehend that when experiencing first-hand what Sony did with the PS3 (usability of the GUI and integration of the marketplace into games).

No doubt!  I believe one of the only reasons the PS3 has a hard drive in it is because of the original Xbox.  That's why I love GOOD competition (I don't like dirty tactics in competition).  It makes these systems better for consumers.  That is what has helped create the PS3.
Quote:
It's gonna take SOME time for Sony to get the PS3 to the point where the Xbox 360 already is - just having an (allegedly) more powerful console is not enough. As for all those games that are announced, they are just that: announced. Maybe Lair is good, maybe it isn't. Many games that are hyped fall short of expectations when they are released. Eggebrecht's (founder of Factor 5, Lair's developer) bashing of the Xbox 360 was pretty lame and I'm going to have a close eye on Lair.

I believe this is also very true.  I just don't think that it willl take anywhere near the year it took Xbox360 to come out with an amazing title like Gears of Wars (and I believe they won't be as short).  We don't have that long to wait for Lair.  Remember reviewers were already playing Lair at gaming trade shows.  They loved it then...
Quote:
At the moment, there's really no need to have a PS3 yet.

True...unless you like media center functionality, PC abilities (Linux w/ emulators, etc.), and high-def movie playback with 7.1 uncompressed sound.
Quote:
Resistance is very underwhelming,

But, it did get good reviews (like 9 or 9.5 out of 10).
Quote:
Motor Storm is (in my opinion) unplayable crap and right now there's just nothing that couldn't be done on the Xbox 360. Yet (?).

It too got good reviews.  Actually, it's one of the games I play the most.
[of Ridge Racer 7 on eBay that should arrive this week since the demblockquote] I got a "cheap" copy o sure looks pretty, but again it's nothing that the Xbox 360 couldn't do.
This is true.  I think the point not to miss here is that the PS3 has already put out games that you haven't seen on the Xbox360 'til recently!  I think that is amazing for a new console that's only a few months old.  Remember, NO Xbox360 games has been coded in 1080p (they are just mainly being upscaled from 720p and lower resolutions).  That should give people a clue to how much further this console is going to be ahead of the 360 in the next 2 years (about 1/4 of the console's lifespan).
Quote:
Many future titles will be published for both systems and if one is not a total fan of special Sony properties (like Ratchet & Clank) there's not much to miss out on in the next few months.

People have always said that people buy the Xbox for FPS games.  And, if people want a variety of games they buy PlayStations.
Quote:
Let us discuss this further in 6 months.

Sounds great!
To err is human...
-----------
473 Blu-ray Titles
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAscended_Saiyan
A Blu-ray crack fiend
Registered: March 13, 2007
Posts: 1,127
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting schultzy:
Quote:
The larger HD will be available to buy seperately linkand use to replace the old one.  Places like Gamestop even sell a kind of USB connection/device to back up the contents of your existing 360 HD.

More money for a USB device.  How much does in cost for 120GB proprietary hard drive these days?  You better keep that money tree watered.

Quote:
And for those not sure which system to go with or thinking PS3 becaue of games like Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy...  the next Devil May Cry will be on the 360 (http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/news/html/e070320.html) and there is talk of Final Fantasy 13 on 360 as well (http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/03/22/ffxiii-not-exclusive-to-ps3-after-all).

Couldnt get the links to work right

Yes, Devil May Cry will be on the Xbox360.  Will it be the same version of the game as on the PS3...who knows?

But, Final Fantasy 13 and Metal Gear Solid 4 are NOT coming to Xbox 360 according to their creators.

Think about it for a minute.  Metal Gear Solid 4 is going to be on a 50GB Blu-ray disc.  That would be a 5 or 6 disc DVD set for the Xbox 360! 

Here's a picture of what it would look like...

To err is human...
-----------
473 Blu-ray Titles
 Last edited: by Ascended_Saiyan
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar Contributorschultzy
Xbox Live: squeekyfoot
Registered: March 13, 2007
United States Posts: 550
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Ascended_Saiyan:
Quote:
Quoting schultzy:
Quote:
The larger HD will be available to buy seperately linkand use to replace the old one.  Places like Gamestop even sell a kind of USB connection/device to back up the contents of your existing 360 HD.

More money for a USB device.  How much does in cost for 120GB proprietary hard drive these days?  You better keep that money tree watered.

Quote:
And for those not sure which system to go with or thinking PS3 becaue of games like Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy...  the next Devil May Cry will be on the 360 (http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/news/html/e070320.html) and there is talk of Final Fantasy 13 on 360 as well (http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/03/22/ffxiii-not-exclusive-to-ps3-after-all).

Couldnt get the links to work right

Yes, Devil May Cry will be on the Xbox360.  Will it be the same version of the game as on the PS3...who knows?

But, Final Fantasy 13 and Metal Gear Solid 4 are NOT coming to Xbox 360 according to their creators.

Think about it for a minute.  Metal Gear Solid 4 is going to be on a 50GB Blu-ray disc.  That would be a 5 or 6 disc DVD set for the Xbox 360! 

Here's a picture of what it would look like...



Personally, right now I am happy with my 360.  The HD isn't close to being full.  As for the PS3, when enough games are out that I want to play, I will buy one.
Schultzy - http://www.michaelschultz.net
grenactics - The art of skillfully fraggin one’s opponent with the use of grenades or other compact explosive devices that are thrown by hand or projected.
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantmnemo
Zuma!
Registered: March 17, 2007
Germany Posts: 82
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Ascended_Saiyan:
Quote:
I believe this is also very true.  I just don't think that it willl take anywhere near the year it took Xbox360 to come out with an amazing title like Gears of Wars (and I believe they won't be as short).  We don't have that long to wait for Lair.  Remember reviewers were already playing Lair at gaming trade shows.  They loved it then...

Look like Lair will be out in September. Not around the corner right now.

Quote:
True...unless you like media center functionality, PC abilities (Linux w/ emulators, etc.), and high-def movie playback with 7.1 uncompressed sound.

Media center integration isn't bad with the Xbox 360 and a Media Center PC. And Microsoft and Sony have the same problem: Not supporting DivX/Xvid, probably not to set up the movie studios.

Quote:
Quote:
Resistance is very underwhelming,

But, it did get good reviews (like 9 or 9.5 out of 10).

I know. Accumulated score at Game Rankings is 88.1%. It's still underwhelming, but the only shooter available for the PS3 yet.

Quote:
Quote:
Motor Storm is (in my opinion) unplayable crap and right now there's just nothing that couldn't be done on the Xbox 360. Yet (?).

It too got good reviews.  Actually, it's one of the games I play the most.

Different taste. I tried the demo and it looks nice, but I find it unplayable and no fun at all.

Quote:
This is true.  I think the point not to miss here is that the PS3 has already put out games that you haven't seen on the Xbox360 'til recently!

That's exactly what I DON'T think. Gears of War (93.8% btw) looks WAY better than Resistance. Motor Storm (83% with mostly 80% ratings and a user rating of 7.9) can't be compared to other Xbox 360 games, there's just no dirt-racing game for the Xbox yet. In terms of depth of view there are already games like Kameo and Lost Planet that HAVE similar looks.

Quote:
I think that is amazing for a new console that's only a few months old.  Remember, NO Xbox360 games has been coded in 1080p (they are just mainly being upscaled from 720p and lower resolutions).

Actually, 1080i and 1080p don't matter to me. In one or two years I will probably upgrade my LCD TV to full hd resolution, but at the moment 720p looks great and a lower resolution means the games can have more polygons, better framerates and have more resources available than in 1080. Technically, you have more detail in 1080, but do you NEED it? Not necessarily IMO.

Edit: Removed links. The forum software seems to have problems with more than one link on a line.
Samsung UE55C6200, Yamaha RX-V2067, Xbox 360, PS3.
 Last edited: by mnemo
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantmnemo
Zuma!
Registered: March 17, 2007
Germany Posts: 82
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Ascended_Saiyan:
Quote:
More money for a USB device.  How much does in cost for 120GB proprietary hard drive these days?  You better keep that money tree watered.

It's a 2.5" (notebook) SATA hard drive. Most people seem to compare the price to 3.5" drives, which is wrong. External 2.5" drives can still be had for less than $180, of course.

Having the hard drive separate from the console was a mistake. Microsoft always explains that it gives a choice to the customer, but it's still a crippled system.

Oh, and regarding the disc size: I think that argument is moot. All movies in Resistance for example are full-motion video. Of course that takes much space when stored in 1080 resolution. In my opinion, it's much better to have movies with in-game engine graphics anyway. And using that I'm sure that even MGS4 would fit on a dual-layer DVD. Dead Rising has LOTS of story sequences, all in-game, with motion captured movements and the game is about 6 GB, I think. Video just BURNS space.
Samsung UE55C6200, Yamaha RX-V2067, Xbox 360, PS3.
 Last edited: by mnemo
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAscended_Saiyan
A Blu-ray crack fiend
Registered: March 13, 2007
Posts: 1,127
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting mnemo:
Quote:
Look like Lair will be out in September. Not around the corner right now.

I guess not. It's just around the block now (4 months).  Hopefully, it doesn't keep getting delayed like Halo.

Quote:
Media center integration isn't bad with the Xbox 360 and a Media Center PC.

It's not bad.  It just requires another additional investment.  Plus, it still won't be anywhere near as capable as Linux on the PS3 coupled with a PC.
Quote:
And Microsoft and Sony have the same problem: Not supporting DivX/Xvid, probably not to set up the movie studios.

Since DivX is a somewhat failed format (went up against DVD and lost), it's probably not terrible that they left it out.  But, the more capabilities the better.

Quote:
I know. Accumulated score at Game Rankings is 88.1%. It's still underwhelming, but the only shooter available for the PS3 yet.

Hear is a review that gives it a 9.3 overall

IGN gives it a 9.1 (outstanding).

Game Informer gives it a 9.5.  But, I do respect your opinion about it being underwhelming.

Quote:
Different taste. I tried the demo and it looks nice, but I find it unplayable and no fun at all.

Cool.

Quote:
That's exactly what I DON'T think. Gears of War (93.8% btw) looks WAY better than Resistance. Motor Storm (83% with mostly 80% ratings and a user rating of 7.9) can't be compared to other Xbox 360 games, there's just no dirt-racing game for the Xbox yet. In terms of depth of view there are already games like Kameo and Lost Planet that HAVE similar looks.

You have only listed (and so many others) Gears of War.  Even you just wrote that Kameo and Lost Planet have SIMILAR looks.  Those are some of the BIGGEST games for the Xbox 360 (along with Dead Rising and Saints Row).  Crackdown JUST came out and seems to be on the same level.  Therefore, 1 game doesn't usually make a case, but I respect your opinion.  Pesonally, I think the Grand Tursimo HD Demo beats anything on the planet right now, graphically.

Quote:
Actually, 1080i and 1080p don't matter to me. In one or two years I will probably upgrade my LCD TV to full hd resolution, but at the moment 720p looks great and a lower resolution means the games can have more polygons, better framerates and have more resources available than in 1080. Technically, you have more detail in 1080, but do you NEED it? Not necessarily IMO.

We don't NEED 720p graphics.  It's not necessary, but we love it.  720p is roughly 900,000 pixels.  1080p is roughly 2 million pixels.  Personally, I want 1080p and 7.1 lossless surround sound, tougher AI and larger environments in my games.  I know it don't need it, but it's a better experience, IMO.

We shall revisit this in 6 months, right?
To err is human...
-----------
473 Blu-ray Titles
    Invelos Forums->General: General Home Theater Discussion Page: 1 2 3 4 ...8  Previous   Next