Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Contribution Discussion Page: 1... 223 224 225 226 227 ...311  Previous   Next
List of Accepted Birth Years with Documentation.
Author Message
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorsamuelrichardscott
Registered: September 18, 2008
Reputation: High Rating
United Kingdom Posts: 2,650
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Mark Watson (????) actor - Suicide Kings
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0914786/

Mark Watson (1980) comedian - Mock the Week! Too Hot for TV
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2152234/ (BY not listed here, but is in the other sources listed)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Watson
http://hignfy.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_Watson
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/my-secret-life-mark-watson-comedian-31-2267228.html

1980 submitted.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorCubbyUps
Registered: March 14, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 4,055
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
David Dukes

Actor
BY=1945, DY=2000
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0241232/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Dukes
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=22750

Actor
BY=?
http://www.iafd.com/person.rme/perfid=DavidDukes/gender=m/David-Dukes.htm

Profile Contribution Approved Jul 21 2015  5:57PM
 Last edited: by CubbyUps
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorhuskersports
Registered: September 29, 2008
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 1,993
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Kevin McHale

Actor
BY - 1988
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2389665/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
http://glee.wikia.com/wiki/Kevin_McHale
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_McHale_%28actor%29

NBA player & actor
BY - 1957
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1652335/?ref_=fn_al_nm_2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_McHale_%28basketball%29
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mchalke01.html

Status: Reviewing
My one wish for the DVD Profiler online database: Ban or remove the disc-level profiles of TV season sets. It completely screws up/inflates the CLT.
FACT: Imdb is WRONG 70% of the time! Misspelled cast, incomplete cast, wrong cast/crew roles. So for those who want DVD Profiler to be "as perfect as Imdb", good luck with that.
Stop adding UNIT crew! They're invalid credits. Stop it!
 Last edited: by huskersports
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorAiAustria
Profiling since 2004
Registered: May 19, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Austria Posts: 4,674
Posted:
PM this userEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
.
Complete list of Common Names  •  A good point for starting with Headshots
 Last edited: by AiAustria
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorAiAustria
Profiling since 2004
Registered: May 19, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Austria Posts: 4,674
Posted:
PM this userEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Just to consolidate the birth year information for Bob Harris:

Bob Harris (1963): Actor, Writer, Producer
Born October 15th, 1963 in Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Known for: Jeopardy, Who Rules?, CSI, Buffy and other TV shows
Documentation: Homepage, Wikipedia, IMDB as Bob Harris (VII)

Bob Harris (????): Costume Designer; aka. Robert E. Harris, Robert S. Harris, Robert Harris
Known for: Predator, The Rifleman, Wanted: Dead or Alive (1958), The Big Valley and other TV shows
Documentation: IMDB as Robert B. Harris, Academy of Motion Picture Art and Sciences
Remark: Active between 1950 and 1987

Bob Harris (1923): Actor, Stuntman, Driver; aka. Bobby Harris, Robert L. Harris, Robert W. Harris, Robert Harris, Roland 'Bob' Harris
Born November 8th, 1923 in Long Beach, California, USA
Known for: Dirty Harry, Speedway, Bonanza, The Love Bug and many other driver jobs
Documentation: IMDB as Bob Harris (I)

Bob Harris (1925): Composer; aka. J. Robert Harris
Born September 27th, 1925 in New York, USA; died February 13th, 2000
Known for: Lolita, Spiderman, King of Africa and Jack of Diamonds
Documentation: Wikipedia, IMDB as Bob Harris (III)
Remark: Brother of J. Robert Harris

Bob Harris (1922): Actor; aka. Bob L. Harris
Born October 11th, 1922 in Walters, Oklahoma, USA; died February 14th, 2014
Known for: Appaloosa, Pollock, Riders of the Purple Sage and American Playhouse
Documentation: IMDB as Bob L. Harris, Boot Hill
Remark: Father of Ed Harris

And here the available headshots:
1963: 1922:
Complete list of Common Names  •  A good point for starting with Headshots
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDevion27
Registered: April 3, 2008
Reputation: Great Rating
United States Posts: 553
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Michael Ferris

Writer
BY - 1961
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0274905/?ref_=tt_ov_wr

Writer
BY - ????
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0274907/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr739#writer


Status: Reviewing
http://www.mulligansmovies.com/
 Last edited: by Devion27
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorAiAustria
Profiling since 2004
Registered: May 19, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Austria Posts: 4,674
Posted:
PM this userEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Devion27:
Quote:
Michael Ferris

Writer
BY - 1961
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0274905/?ref_=tt_ov_wr

Writer
BY - ????
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0274907/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr739#writer


Status: Reviewing

Is the guy without a birth year credited in any of our profiles?

As far as I can see, he is not contributed yet. Neither he seems to be valid for any entry, since - trusting the IMDB which is the only named source here - he is not listed as writer but only for subsections...
Complete list of Common Names  •  A good point for starting with Headshots
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKluge
Registered: August 4, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Italy Posts: 2,197
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting AiAustria:
Quote:
Quoting Devion27:
Quote:
Michael Ferris

Writer
BY - 1961
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0274905/?ref_=tt_ov_wr

Writer
BY - ????
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0274907/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr739#writer


Status: Reviewing

Is the guy without a birth year credited in any of our profiles?

As far as I can see, he is not contributed yet. Neither he seems to be valid for any entry, since - trusting the IMDB which is the only named source here - he is not listed as writer but only for subsections...

I have Michael Ferris (1961) in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003) story and screenplay, Terminator Salvation (2009) writer, The Game (1997) writer, and Surrogates (2009) screenplay.

In my database there is also an uncredited Michael Ferris (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0274906/) in The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
Updated List of Accepted Birth Years
 Last edited: by Kluge
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorScooter1836
Registered: October 30, 2011
Reputation: Great Rating
United States Posts: 1,870
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Kluge:
Quote:
Quoting AiAustria:
Quote:
Quoting Devion27:
Quote:
Michael Ferris

Writer
BY - 1961
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0274905/?ref_=tt_ov_wr

Writer
BY - ????
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0274907/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr739#writer


Status: Reviewing

Is the guy without a birth year credited in any of our profiles?

As far as I can see, he is not contributed yet. Neither he seems to be valid for any entry, since - trusting the IMDB which is the only named source here - he is not listed as writer but only for subsections...

I have Michael Ferris (1961) in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003) story and screenplay, Terminator Salvation (2009) writer, The Game (1997) writer, and Surrogates (2009) screenplay.

In my database there is also an uncredited Michael Ferris (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0274906/) in The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)


FWIW
These two links show the two IMDB links to be the same person

http://www.filmreference.com/film/19/Michael-Ferris.html
http://www.hollywood.com/celebrities/michael-ferris-57316059
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorAiAustria
Profiling since 2004
Registered: May 19, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Austria Posts: 4,674
Posted:
PM this userEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Scooter1836:
Quote:
These two links show the two IMDB links to be the same person

http://www.filmreference.com/film/19/Michael-Ferris.html
http://www.hollywood.com/celebrities/michael-ferris-57316059

... that's what I suspected... but I wasn't able to proof these BYs as invalid...
Complete list of Common Names  •  A good point for starting with Headshots
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKluge
Registered: August 4, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Italy Posts: 2,197
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting AiAustria:
Quote:
Quoting Scooter1836:
Quote:
These two links show the two IMDB links to be the same person

http://www.filmreference.com/film/19/Michael-Ferris.html
http://www.hollywood.com/celebrities/michael-ferris-57316059

... that's what I suspected... but I wasn't able to proof these BYs as invalid...


There is a Michael Ferris cinematographer (BY unknown) in CLT http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0274903/?ref_=fn_al_nm_2
The BY (1961) is valid.
Updated List of Accepted Birth Years
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorAiAustria
Profiling since 2004
Registered: May 19, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Austria Posts: 4,674
Posted:
PM this userEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Consolidation for Michael Ferris - actually we have at least the following guys in our database:

Michael Ferris (1961): Writer; aka. Henry Dominic, Henry Dominick
Born January 29th, 1961 in USA
Known for: Terminator, The Game, Catwoman, Surrogates, The Others and many other science fiction
Documentation: Wikipedia, IMDB as Michael Ferris (III), Hollywood.com, Film Reference

Michael Ferris (????): Actor
Known for: Have Gun - Will Travel, A Story about Henry, The Day the Earth Stood Still and other uncredited aperances in the 50's
Documentation: IMDB as Michael Ferris (IV)

Michael Ferris (????): Cinematographer, Actor, Producer; aka. Mike Ferris
Known for: Bar Girls, Eye of the Storm, I Don't Buy Kisses Anymore and
Documentation: IMDB as Michael Ferris (I), Hollywood.com, NY Times, Lifetime Achievment Video

And here the available headshots:
Cinematographer:
Complete list of Common Names  •  A good point for starting with Headshots
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorCubbyUps
Registered: March 14, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 4,055
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Eric Price

Actor
BY=1963
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0696889/
http://www.iafd.com/person.rme/perfid=EPrice/gender=m/Eric-Price.htm

Actor
BY=?
Alpha and Omega
Breaking Bad
Flight of the Living Dead
Reno 911!: Miami
Some Guy Who Kills People
Workaholics
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1482871/

Director
BY=?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0696890/

Profile Contribution Approved Jul 27 2015  8:29PM
 Last edited: by CubbyUps
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorhuskersports
Registered: September 29, 2008
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 1,993
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting huskersports:
Quote:
Kevin McHale

Actor
BY - 1988
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2389665/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
http://glee.wikia.com/wiki/Kevin_McHale
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_McHale_%28actor%29

NBA player & actor
BY - 1957
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1652335/?ref_=fn_al_nm_2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_McHale_%28basketball%29
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mchalke01.html

Status: Reviewing


Approved July 23, 2015
My one wish for the DVD Profiler online database: Ban or remove the disc-level profiles of TV season sets. It completely screws up/inflates the CLT.
FACT: Imdb is WRONG 70% of the time! Misspelled cast, incomplete cast, wrong cast/crew roles. So for those who want DVD Profiler to be "as perfect as Imdb", good luck with that.
Stop adding UNIT crew! They're invalid credits. Stop it!
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorCubbyUps
Registered: March 14, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 4,055
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Doug Walker

Actor

BY=1981
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3766090/
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Creator/DougWalker
http://cinemorgue.wikia.com/wiki/Doug_Walker

Editor
BY=?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6018198/

Self/Guitar
BY=?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0907700/

Profile Contribution Approved Jul 28 2015 11:01PM
 Last edited: by CubbyUps
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorT!M
User since 6 Dec. 2000
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
Netherlands Posts: 7,473
Posted:
PM this userEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Actor Max Wright (1943), 'ALF', 'All That Jazz', 'Reds'.
- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0942642/
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Wright
- http://www.filmreference.com/film/17/Max-Wright.html
- http://ibdb.com/person.php?id=69855

Child actor Max Wright (????), 'Dealin' With Idiots', 'Victorious'.
- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3095031/
 Last edited: by T!M
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Contribution Discussion Page: 1... 223 224 225 226 227 ...311  Previous   Next