Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Layouts and Reports Page: 1  Previous   Next
I have to be a moron, someone please help!
Author Message
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantRestless
Registered: March 17, 2007
United States Posts: 28
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
How hard is this?  I have been trying to create or edit an existing report for the last couple weeks and cant seem to get it to work how I want it.  If someone can tell me how to do this or direct me to an existing report, I'd be so grateful!

Anyway, I have my dvdprofiler set up with tags.  I wan a report to simply list the title of the movie and show the tag in front of it.  Basically I need a table with a tag column and a dvd column, but as easy as that sounds, its not working for me. 

Maybe I have my profiler set up wrong??  But where else would I be able to enter the shelf location of each movie if I dont put them in the tags?

Thanks for any help, apparently I have a brick wall in front of me....
Invelos Software, Inc. RepresentativeForum Moderator
Invelos Forum Moderator
Registered: March 11, 2009
Posts: 211
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Generally shelf location would be entered in the location field.  This is under DVD->Personalize, in the discs section.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantRestless
Registered: March 17, 2007
United States Posts: 28
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Thanks for the direction, but is there a way to show a "print screen here to let you see what I am looking at??  I dont see any such thing asking about a location, other than disc drive, side A-disc ID and side B-disc ID.

Sorry, I just feel really dumb here...
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorbbbbb
on steroids
Registered: March 14, 2007
Posts: 5,734
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Restless:
Quote:
How hard is this?  I have been trying to create or edit an existing report for the last couple weeks and cant seem to get it to work how I want it.  If someone can tell me how to do this or direct me to an existing report, I'd be so grateful!

Anyway, I have my dvdprofiler set up with tags.  I wan a report to simply list the title of the movie and show the tag in front of it.  Basically I need a table with a tag column and a dvd column, but as easy as that sounds, its not working for me.


Such a report would look something like this:

Don't confuse while the film is playing with when the film is played. [Ken Cole, DVD Profiler Architect]
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorbbbbb
on steroids
Registered: March 14, 2007
Posts: 5,734
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Restless:
Quote:
Thanks for the direction, but is there a way to show a "print screen here to let you see what I am looking at??  I dont see any such thing asking about a location, other than disc drive, side A-disc ID and side B-disc ID.

It's under DVD->Personalize, in the discs section:



Quote:
Sorry, I just feel really dumb here...
Don't confuse while the film is playing with when the film is played. [Ken Cole, DVD Profiler Architect]
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMithi
Sushi Annihilator
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: Great Rating
Germany Posts: 2,147
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Restless:
Quote:
Basically I need a table with a tag column and a dvd column, but as easy as that sounds, its not working for me.

You can't simply show the tags, which is kind of logical if you realize that a profile can have many tags set.
What you can do is create text-field that have "conditions" as the picture shows that bbbbb linked.
E.g. you have tages "Shelf 1" and "Shelf 2" (and many more) you create a field witht the text "Shelf 1" which is only shown if the tag "Shelf 1" is present. On top of this a field "Shelf 2" which is shown when tag "Shelf 2" is present and so forth.

But in the long run proper locations might be better: click a profile, now press Ctrl-P and you should see the "Personalize"-Dialog. Down at the bottom, left to the "Discs" there are fields "Location" and Slot"

cya, Mithi
Mithi's little XSLT tinkering - the power of XML
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantRestless
Registered: March 17, 2007
United States Posts: 28
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting bbbbb:
Quote:
Quoting Restless:
Quote:
How hard is this?  I have been trying to create or edit an existing report for the last couple weeks and cant seem to get it to work how I want it.  If someone can tell me how to do this or direct me to an existing report, I'd be so grateful!

Anyway, I have my dvdprofiler set up with tags.  I wan a report to simply list the title of the movie and show the tag in front of it.  Basically I need a table with a tag column and a dvd column, but as easy as that sounds, its not working for me.


Such a report would look something like this:



Seems like Im making progress, but I still get no tags to list in the column....
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantRestless
Registered: March 17, 2007
United States Posts: 28
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting bbbbb:
Quote:
Quoting Restless:
Quote:
Thanks for the direction, but is there a way to show a "print screen here to let you see what I am looking at??  I dont see any such thing asking about a location, other than disc drive, side A-disc ID and side B-disc ID.

It's under DVD->Personalize, in the discs section:



Quote:
Sorry, I just feel really dumb here...



See!!!  I told you I feel dumb!  I have been in this section of DVD-p for weeks and have NEVER seen that area!  Sorry and thanks for the help!

Now I should just go to a report that lists the location and they would show up, right?
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorbbbbb
on steroids
Registered: March 14, 2007
Posts: 5,734
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Restless:
Quote:
Now I should just go to a report that lists the location and they would show up, right?

Yes. Such a report would look something like this:

Don't confuse while the film is playing with when the film is played. [Ken Cole, DVD Profiler Architect]
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorzwoti
Registered: April 14, 2007
Reputation: High Rating
United Kingdom Posts: 142
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
personally, i have selected disc location as a viewable column within profiler. so i can click on that column to sort my collection by location when required.

    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Layouts and Reports Page: 1  Previous   Next