Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

    Invelos Forums->General: General Home Theater Discussion Page: 1 2  Previous   Next
HD 3DTV
Author Message
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorAce_of_Sevens
Registered: December 10, 2007
Reputation: High Rating
Posts: 2,985
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I was going to get a 3D TV this year, but thanks to a diabetic cat, it looks like it will be next year now.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorcvermeylen
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: High Rating
Belgium Posts: 1,938
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Ace_of_Sevens:
Quote:
I was going to get a 3D TV this year, but thanks to a diabetic cat, it looks like it will be next year now.


I didn't even know cats could get diabetes. I hope he/she is doing fine and vet expenses are under control.
View my collection at http://www.chriskepolis.be/home/dvd.htm

Chris
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Registered: March 18, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 4,845
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
I've had more time to mess with my LG system. It is so much fun. The 2D to 3D simulation actually works reasonably well for many things, including TV shows. And there are some types of images that are quite enjoyable - let's just say that the algorithms are designed to recognize curves and protrusions. So live stages, mountains, waves and other interesting things can really stand out!   

I did get a few 3D Blu Ray titles and they look great also. I wanted to get Avatar, but good grief the price!

Does anybody know where I can get a legitimate copy of 3D Avatar for less than the highway robbery price on Amazon?

Why is Avatar 3D so expensive - is it simply supply and demand or some other explanation? I haven't tried the simulation yet on the regular BD, but I plan to.
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
 Last edited: by mediadogg
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorBad Father
Registered: July 23, 2001
Registered: March 13, 2007
Posts: 4,594
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting mediadogg:
Quote:
I've had more time to mess with my LG system. It is so much fun. The 2D to 3D simulation actually works reasonably well for many things, including TV shows. And there are some types of images that are quite enjoyable - let's just say that the algorithms are designed to recognize curves and protrusions. So live stages, mountains, waves and other interesting things can really stand out!   

I did get a few 3D Blu Ray titles and they look great also. I wanted to get Avatar, but good grief the price!

Does anybody know where I can get a legitimate copy of 3D Avatar for less than the highway robbery price on Amazon?

Why is Avatar 3D so expensive - is it simply supply and demand or some other explanation? I haven't tried the simulation yet on the regular BD, but I plan to.


Those copies of Avatar 3D that you see for sale, on Amazon for example, are the Panasonic exclusive releases that came with the purchase of Panasonic 3D HDTVs, Panasonic 3D Blu-ray players and the Panasonic Ultimate 3D Starter Kit. They were not meant for individual sale but Amazon Merchants are selling them at ridiculous prices. I was fortunate enough to get 2 copies myself, one with my purchase of the Ultimate 3D Starter Kit and the other with my Panasonic Blu-ray player. It's a bare-bones Blu-ray with no extras and it's only the theatrical release. It does look awesome in 3D though . I actually like it better viewing it at home on my 3D plasma than when I saw it in iMAX 3D in the theater.

The official release of Avatar 3D won't be until Panasonic's exclusivity runs out at the end of February 2012.
My WebGenDVD online Collection
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Registered: March 18, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 4,845
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Wow, thanks for that info. I could never have guessed those details, but I did suspect that it might have been something other than supply and demand (on second thought, that is exactly the reason ... )

Have a nice day and thanks again!
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
 Last edited: by mediadogg
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorBad Father
Registered: July 23, 2001
Registered: March 13, 2007
Posts: 4,594
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting mediadogg:
Quote:
Wow, thanks for that info. I could never have guessed those details, but I did suspect that it might have been something other than supply and demand (on second thought, that is exactly the reason ... )

Have a nice day and thanks again!


No problem. Have a great Thanksgiving .
My WebGenDVD online Collection
    Invelos Forums->General: General Home Theater Discussion Page: 1 2  Previous   Next